Thursday, June 26, 2008

38 Week Visit

I got my marching orders today. The verdict is that Piper will be born around noon on Monday, therefore I will need to be at Labor and Delivery to check in at 10am. I can't eat or drink after midnight on Sunday. Not really a big deal except when you take into account that I get up at least once a night to take something for the terrible heartburn that has overtaken my life, even at 3am! I'll just have to load up on the Tums before I go to bed, sleep upright, and suffer through. Yipee.
We are still hoping that this process will start on its own so we don't have to wait until Monday, but for some reason I think she's just hanging on in there. At least it feels like it at times. We'll see what the weekend brings.
I go back to the hospital tomorrow to sign away my life (literally and figuratively) and to appease the vampires. If I learn anything new I'll update.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you. I realized it had been a couple days since I had checked the blog, and was worried that I might have missed something. Maybe Piper likes the birthday that ya'll picked out for her. Sorry about the nasty heartburn. Gotta love that! Ha! Turns out we wont be at PHOP Monday. We will be at MCOP. So, I guess we won't be running into each other in the parking lot like we have on other occasions. Lol! We will most certainly be thinking and praying for ya'll though.