Saturday, April 26, 2014

Easter

The Sunday after we returned from Disney was Easter.  That Monday prior (the day after we all got back to Houston), Jes left on a 10 day business trip to Georgia.  So, since Easter is my favorite holiday and I didn't want to spend it alone, the kids and I packed up and headed to Dallas to spend the weekend with my parents.

Early Spring in North Texas means one thing: bluebonnets!  We stumbled across this huge field full of these pretty flowers (well they are really weeds), and had to stop for photos!  


Piper posing.  This seems to be a new things these days.


Part of the field, with two cute kids in the foreground.


Caleb having fun.


That night the Easter Bunny visited and left some fun things for the kiddos.


We went to church with my parents and my mom photo bombed my picture!


My kiddos in their Easter get up.  Not much different than they look on any given Sunday, but since it was Easter, I needed a picture by a big tree!


It occurred to me that I neglected to mention that my parents moved to a new house a few months ago.  The house that they were living in was about 1600 square feet, but that part of town was turning into a not so good part of town.  So, they finished getting the house all ready for sale, put it on the market right before Christmas and it was sold with in 2 days.  They moved to a 2700 square foot house about 10 to 15 miles further east that really fits their lifestyle and needs.  This house has an amazing front yard that is home to many butterflies, so P had a great time chasing them over the weekend too!


No comments: