Monday, July 13, 2009

Our Great Exit

No, I have not completely abandoned our blog, we have just been so wrapped up in all things summer. My priorities just haven't included blogging lately, but I fully intend on getting back into the swing of things.
Here's what we have been up to:
Jes- He's been working really hard and some serious hours lately as business has been up. Anytime we think to complain about all the hours, we just remember all of our friends who don't have a job and are thankful again.
Shannon- I have just finished up a couple of classes for the college in the short 5 week term that is summer one. Normally, these classes would not have been so tiring but the hours were from 6pm to 11pm. By the time I got home from work it was after 11 and I was so wound up that it would take me an hour or better to calm down. This schedule just about did me in since the kiddos tend to awake around 6am every morning. It was all I could do to just make it, but make it I did.
Caleb- He finished up his swim lessons a little while ago and he went to a week of VBS at our church. He had a great time and learned a bunch, especially the music, which he still sings on a regular basis. Now I just have to find a way to get my hands on the CD of the music from that week!
Piper- Our little girl is just on the move more than ever. She has crawling down to an art and moves so fast that sometime I find myself running to catch up with her. Piper has also started standing independently for a few seconds at a time the past few days. We feel like she'll be walking in the next few months and then we're really in for it! Piper is really just the sweetest little girl, but has started developing quite the attitude lately.
Tomorrow we leave for our very first vacation with the kids. We are headed to California for a family reunion and then on the Oregon to visit Jes's parents. It will be such a fun time as we are making stops along the way at Disneyland and the redwood forest and such. The kids will have a great time and so will we! I'll try to update with pictures as we go!

No comments: