Tuesday, May 25, 2010

That's Not the News I was Hoping For...

This past week, I finally had that MRI that had not happened, despite my best efforts. I thought that I would hear much sooner, but I just now (literally minutes ago) got the phone call from my doctor himself.
It seems that the lymph node has not shrunk at all, but it hasn't grown any either.
My doctor feels that it is either still a swollen lymph node, a cyst, a fluid filled tumor, or lymphoma.
Well, then.
I will talk with the nurse tomorrow to schedule a needle biopsy sometime in the next week or so. If that doesn't show anything sufficient to put worry to rest, then I'll be scheduled for surgery to have whatever it is removed.
To say I'm nervous is a gross understatement.

1 comment:

Tim and Connie said...

I'm glad that you blog - to say I enjoy them sounds strange. I'm thankful to read them and to know how you and your family are doing. You are a great writer!! We'll be praying for your needle biopsy!! I'm impressed with all you've implemented with Caleb and how creative you are. --Connie