Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of School 2013

Today was our first day of school for the 2013-2014 year.  


This year, Caleb is in 3rd grade and Piper in Kindergarten.  She was so excited about starting school today, even though we've done a bit of school work here and there.  When she got up this morning, Piper asked me, "Is it time for Kindergarten, today?"  When I said yes, I thought her top was going to blow off, she was so excited!  She has ended up talking and talking about her math lesson today and says she loves it.  Who knew!
Caleb was sort of nonplussed about the whole thing.  This is his 4th year of school with me, so he knew what was coming and I think he knew how much work this year is going to be.  His work load has increased substantially with this year, so this year is going to be a bit of a challenge for us, but fun nonetheless! 


In our house, we have a school room, something I was adamant about having so that we can finally separate school stuff from our life stuff.  I'm not 100% happy with the desks that we were able to get, but getting these were like an act of congress, so I'm making the best of them.  I think I'll need a little organizing unit in between the desks, but the kids were so excited to have their own spaces to do their work.


Here they are right before we started working.  Everyone was happy, happy, happy...


As expected, P finished her work far faster than Caleb, so she got some time in with her tea set and her favorite animals while her brother and I continued working.

No comments: