Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Walk Down Memory Lane

I saw this fun high school memory list at It Coulda Been Worse and thought I would participate too!! It sounded like fun!

1. Who was your best friend? I had a group of friends from my school that I hung out with that included my best girl friends, Paige, Sarah and Christie, along with my boyfriend at the time and some other guys that I didn't really know that well. I don't keep up with any of them except for Paige who I recently was able to get into contact with again. We will forever be linked as our grandparents are long time friends!
2. Did you play any sports? No way! I was in the band and that took up every waking moment if I wasn't actually in class. I couldn't have survived anyway...
3. What kind of car did you drive? I had a 1985 Chevrolet Cavalier that shook violently at every stop light and had the check engine light permanently on, but the thing never died on me and even went to college with me!
4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? Well, if not at a football game with the band, then hanging out with the boyfriend or at a church or other band function.
5. Were you a party animal? I didn't have time. See number 2.
6. Were you considered a flirt? Not really. I had a few boyfriends, some real psychos, but flirt was not something that I think I was ever called.
7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? Again, band. I was one of the only freshmen in the top band, was squad leader, section leader, etc. Everything you could be, I was. I LOVED band and miss it to this day!
9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? I never even went to the principal's office. I'm still not entirely sure where it was located in our school...
10. Can you sing the fight song? Sadly, yes. After 4 years of teaching it to other people in band, it's one of those things permanently cemented in my memory.
11. Who was your favorite teacher? I wasn't the best student, so I would be more likely to pick my least favorites. Let's see, there would be the english teacher who tried to kick me out of her class for having mono, the academic decathalon teacher who tried to get me to forfeit my band trip to Orlando just to go to a local competition, or maybe the chemistry teacher who tried to convince our class that one of the elements was named after him. Sigh... The joys of public school systems! Yet another reason I will homeschool my kiddos!
12. What was your school mascot? We were the South Garland Colonels!!!
13. Did you go to the Prom? Oh you bet! And so did my mom and dad!
14. If you could go back, would you? No way!
15. What do you remember most about graduation? Just being so busy and having to clean up toilet paper from our trees of our house the next morning before church. I still don't know who did that.
16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? In class. I was a good girl.
17. Did you have a job your senior year? Well, I worked with my mom at the company she worked at. I also had a short stint as a pizza girl at Papa John's when they were still pretty new in the area.
18. Where did you go most often for lunch? The cafeteria. See number 16.
19. Have you gained weight since then? Well, I had mono as a senior, so I gained weight that year. I have also had a child and aged over 10 years. I weighed just over a hundred pounds soaking wet when I graduated. You tell me.
20. What did you do after graduation? I went to East Texas Baptist University for my Bachelor's in Biology. Then on the UT Tyler for my Master's in Clinical Exercise Physiology. I have worked in the clinical field and have finally settled into academics and mommyhood.
21. What year did you graduate? 1996. Doesn't really seem like that long ago...
22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? His name was Bill. Not the guy I wanted to go to prom with, but the guy I wanted to attend with was too slow in asking me and had broken my heart earlier in the year, so my friend Bill took me. Sweet guy, just not my type.
23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? No, they were charging like $160 to attend. Are they crazy??? Why would I pay that to see a group of people that I don't either remember or want to remember? Anyway, I'll probably go to the 20 year. Maybe it will be better than some of the 10 years I've heard about!

No comments: