Monday, April 27, 2009

Update- In Other Words A Post In Which I Have No Idea For a Title

So, I've been SO bad about updating lately. Here is the latest in bullet form (ie the lazy way out):


  • Piper's swallow study came back normal. She had a few penetrations, where the thinnest fluid started to enter her airway but she cleared them herself, but they were ok with that and she was cleared to consume anything and everything in every thickness/thiness.
  • Piper has reached some amazing milestones this past month that I will not divulge now as her 10 month post is coming up very soon.
  • I have been working a lot and like every semester, we are deep into the most busy time of the semester where students are finishing up last minute work and taking tests and finals. This just means more grading for me. Last night I returned a 5 inch pile of papers back to my students and came home with a 7 inch pile. (Evidently I have a little time if I'm measuring the height of my work to be done.)
  • Caleb has been doing well and we are working on getting him signed up for fun stuff for the summer. I am really excited about summer starting and all the fun we will have.
  • I have also been doing a lot of MOPS stuff lately as well as we are wrapping up the semester and year and are all changing roles. I have decided to step out of the creative activities coordinator role in favor of membership coordinator. I just had to take a hard and close look at how my current role in MOPS is affecting both myself and my family and I decided that with the coming year and new responsibilities, I needed a job that was more administrative in nature.
  • Jes and I were in freak out mode for quite a few weeks there, most of the reason for my lack of posting. It's really hard to "get it together" and complete a post about whatever when you are worried about something big. What it boiled down to was my employment for the summer and whether or not I would have anything at all. While this may not seem like a huge deal, it really is vital to the structuring of our finances for the whole year. Whatever I make in the summer goes right into savings as there are months where I am working, but am not getting paid. It's strange, but it's just the way the system is set up. We just have to be prepared, so summer does that for me. True to form, at the last minute 2 classes (exactly what I needed) came up, with a little rearranging of the schedule, and they were mine.
  • Jes and I are also working on our vacation. What I haven't told you about our trip? Ok, here goes. We are going to California, LA area, for a family reunion and heading to Disney Land while we are there. Then we are driving up to Oregon to spend about a week with Jes's parents there. Oh, wait, we're driving all of this too. With both kids. Yes, I know we're slightly out of our minds, but we are both trying to be optimistic and are actually looking forward to seeing DFW in our rearview mirror and the adventures that we will encounter (within reason, of course!). We leave the middle of July, but I will be working right up until the day so we're trying to get our ducks in a row before then.

Hm, I guess that's it. Oh and my last post about Stellan, he was discharged and is on his way home to his big brothers, sister and daddy as we speak! I'll be back in the next day or two with Piper's 10 month post. Sniff.

3 comments:

The Wood Family said...

I know what you mean, I guess I'm the same way about posting. Great for Piper and great for your classes! I'm glad it worked out for you guys (and girls!).

Anonymous said...

We drive from DC to Dallas every year (I did it a few months ago with another mommy and 2 extra kids!) and we survive every time. It's not that bad if you plan ahead and pack smart. Good luck! I'm sure it will be a blast. Oh and 3 letters....D V D !!!

Sunshynegirl said...

Mom and I are driving down for the reunion and back up and then Ollie and I are driving to florida with all the kids, i understand where you are coming from.