Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Endo Appointment

It's been nearly 4 years since my cancer diagnosis and treatment, but every May signals my return to the endocrinologist for a yearly check up.  Every other year, he likes to do a sonogram to look and see if there is anything amiss and that, combined with my bloodwork, has given me a clean bill of health every year.  

This year was no exception.  All went well, my bloodwork looks perfect and I'm good for another year!


This time, I had to take the kids with me, but thanks to a little invention called the iPad, they were totally entertained.  Piper was very, very interested in the sonogram (no surprise), so my doctor did a little bit extra to show her everything.  So, good visit and next year I'll be at 5 years out, which I don't know if that will change anything, but it is a huge benchmark for recovery!

No comments: