Saturday, June 14, 2014

Scout Camp

This past week, Caleb, Piper and I packed everything up in the mornings and headed to Scout camp.  This year's theme was science/space and was right up our alley!


This is not a new science experiment to my kids, but it's always a hit!  Who doesn't love dumping candy into a bottle of Coke and watching it explode?


There was a rope bridge at camp that Caleb swore up and down that he wasn't even going to attempt.  I managed to talk him into trying and turned around to see this:


He was half way through the bridge.  The boys participated in archery and sports and various other things throughout the day and we had a blast.


Tuesday morning had faces like this looking back at me.  This was foreboding of the next few hours of our day.


I was a group leader, called a den walker, so we arrived early everyday and I was able to snap a photo of the kids in the astronaut suit on Tuesday.


Both kids were super excited to climb up in the suit and get a photo op!


Caleb built a pine car holder and gave me his best fake excited smile.


I managed to track down P and get a photo with her too.


And we all went to the rope bridge for a second day.  But, by Tuesday night, what I saw was this:


Poor Caleb spiked a fever Tuesday night and was so, so sick for the next 6 days.  We were only able to complete 2 of the 4 days of camp, with the second being pretty grueling since he didn't feel well, but we were thankful that we were able to do that!  It was so, so hot but we had so much fun and can't wait for next year!

No comments: