Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Jes's Surprise Party

It seems like it's been forever since I posted anything, but in reality it's just been about 10 days. In that time, a lot has happened. First, is Jes's surprise birthday party. It was his 30th birthday, so I thought that a party was in order. We had a small affair at our house with close friends and family.

I found this great local bakery who delivers and doesn't charge an arm and a leg who made this great cake. They helped me come up with the design and did a great job!

We planned the party for late in the day, so Caleb and I had a great time running around getting things ready. I had to go to great lengths to hide the stuff from Jes. I even hid all the non-refrigerated food in Caleb's closet. It worked out great as he never found anything and had no idea!

Caleb's friends the Dixon quads got to come to the party. He was so excited to see them and their brother Logan. Left to right they are Samantha, Madison, Candice and Hudson. Hudson and my dad bonded over football and high fives! It was so cute!

Our good friends Luke and Melissa were in on this party the whole time and Luke kept Jes out of the house the whole day! Thank you so much to Luke for giving up his whole day and running Jes all around creation and making up stories along the way!



Even though Jes is threatening to do something worse for my 30th later this year, I think he secretly loved this!
Luke's wife Melissa and myself. She and I had been talking about this since August! Thanks to Melissa for giving up her husband for a whole day, as well as adding to the stories that kept the guys out and running!
After Jes's party was over and we recovered, I dragged this table out that Caleb got from his Mawmaw and Pawpaw for Christmas and put it together. I was so proud of the fact that I actually put something together right! Many of you don't realize that I have book case in my house that I put together with a shelf that is in the wrong way. Needless to say, I'm not mechanically inclined. Anyway, Caleb loves the table and has a great time sitting at it!
For Christmas from my grandmother, Caleb got the Tickle Me Elmo chair. He has a great time sitting in it and watching poobaa (football) with his Daddy!
Caleb was supposed to have another swallow study today, but there is a couple of inches of ice and snow on the roads, so we are rescheduling. I will update you as soon as we have it!

No comments: