Wednesday, January 31, 2007

He's Been Healed!

Today I took Caleb for yet another swallow study, but this time we went to a different hospital, the one he was born in, as his new pulmonologist is there. I just knew that it was going to be like all the others and I was going to leave there discouraged, so I drug him in there (he was literally kicking and screaming) with the negative attitude that this would not change anytime soon. He was very defiant at first and refused to drink the conconction the nice therapist made until we put it in a syringe and told him it was medicine. Then he was on a roll! The radiologist was a very nice man and watched carefully and told me that he saw nothing abnormal about the way Caleb was handling all thickness of liquids or solid foods. I nearly hugged him! After all the bad news and negative outlooks that we have been given about this issue with Caleb and his future, to hear this news was overwhelming. I have to say that I actually cried! A huge feat for me! Anyway, Caleb is now to be treated as a normal boy, as far as his nutrition goes. This is going to take some getting used to, but things are looking up and our baby is healthy! Praise God! Thank you to all of you who have prayed for him and us.

1 comment:

The Cobbs said...

What a praise, Shannon! I'm so glad you're encouraged and we're so happy for Caleb!