Sunday, January 06, 2008

Second Baby Syndrome

Who knows if this is a real syndrome, but it is what I have taken to calling the way that I am feeling about this pregnancy. With Caleb all I would do, talk about, think about, obsess over was him, but this time around I have moments when I actually forget that I'm pregnant. Is this normal? While we are so excited to be pregnant and have another child, we both had a moment today when we looked at each other and realized that we are no longer a family of 3, but soon will be a family of 4. It's just strange. Yesterday I had a moment in Target. It was just Caleb and I, as Jes had gone off somewhere to do something else. I was looking for bath toys to replace the ones that were in the bathtub when Caleb decided to poop in the bath (never done that before and I'll save that for another post) when I ran across the onesies that they have at the end of the aisles with the cute sayings on them. I nearly bought one and it really hit me then. I'm excited, nervous, apprehensive, worried, and every other thing you can think of, all rolled up into one. I guess I'm normal.

1 comment:

The Dycus Family said...

I can't believe you are already to the point of almost knowing what your little one will be....as soon as I know...you will have tons of onesies with cute sayings on it...I promise!!! I get to go wild buying you stuff now. Hope you are doing well. Write when you can! Love ya! Mandy