Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yet Another First

About 3 or 4 months ago we got a mailer that advertised the new Veggie Tales movie "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" and Caleb got so excited. We have been talking about it since then and we decided that Caleb was probably old enough to take to a big boy movie in the theater so he could see it. We planned to go Saturday, but I was just too wiped out from the week and we knew it would be super packed so Caleb and I went yesterday.
We packed up and went to the theater in the mall near us in Frisco and of course we got there early. So, Caleb and I had lunch at Chick fil A in the food court and looked at clothes for him and baby to kill some time. Finally we went up and were able to buy our tickets. Of course I took pictures.

















Caleb waiting for our turn to get in line to get our tickets.
















I had to have his picture in front of the AMC sign.















In the theater waiting for the movie to start.
While Caleb enjoyed the movie, we probably won't go to another one for a little while. He got a little restless about half to three-quarters of the way through, so it will have to be another really special movie before we venture out to do this again! It was still a fun time for just Caleb and I. I always love seeing the look on his face anytime I get to experience yet another first with him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! We have been talking about taking Logan to see that movie. He loves veggie tales.

Amy said...

We went to that movie today with Kaelin. It went ok... though I did learn NOT to give my child sweet snacks during a movie. About half-way through she went into "sugar high" mode and didn't sit down for the rest of the film.

Sunshynegirl said...

Over Christmas vacation we took carver to see Alvin and the chip monks. He sat so still and was so good. He had such a good time and it was a great movie. I am so glad we went. We want to see veggie tales soon. Love to all Joy