Thursday, June 14, 2007

Middle of the Night Surprise

We successfully made it through yesterday with all of us Mathis people living and not succumbing to whatever this horrible virus is. However, around 12 this morning Caleb (in our bed) woke up screaming. I touched him and instantly knew his fever was high again. So, I did what every frantic mother would do and grabbed a wet washcloth, screamed at my husband to get the thermometer, gave him some Motrin, and called the doctor. It was not my shining hour to say the least. Nearly an hour later the nurse called me back, but not after I spent most of the hour trying to find out exactly how hight is too high for a 2 year old. I was told 105 was the cut off and the point at which you take them to the ER. Caleb was at 104.5 at the highest and was normal by the time we had our conversation. Whew. What a night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that. I hope Caleb is doing better now and that tonight is a better night for all of you.