This past week Caleb and I had been participating in our church's annual Vacation Bible School. Our theme this year was Game Day Central and frankly, I can't get the song out of my head. It's about to drive me batty, but we had a great time and we'll do it again next year! Even thought Caleb is only 2, they still used the curriculum with them and he got the stories and we brought home a craft everyday. It was exciting for him to experience his first of many weeks spent at the church for VBS. I taught 4 year olds with a friend of mine, Kim Kiser. There was really only one time the whole week when we looked at each other with the "what have we done" look and that didn't come until late on Thursday when all the kiddos were out of control. All in all, we had a great time!
Caleb has changed a little more this week and has mastered some deductive reasoning skills. He has a Leap Frog number toy that asks what number comes before, after and between other numbers and he gets it right every time! The first time he did it, I thought it was just a fluke, but he's been doing it ever since. As his dad puts it, he's too smart for his own good. Also, as usual my fears of a speech delay were unfounded. Just about a month ago I was a little concerned about Caleb not stringing together many words and that there might be a problem. In all actuality, he was just biding his time and now only speaks in phrases. His favorites include but are not limited to: upside down, Jesus book, I did it, Hi Mama, Hi Daddy, Let's go, I don't know, etc. No problems here!
On Wednesday I take Caleb back to the ENT. I don't anticipate good news from this visit as I feel like he still has fluid in his ears. However, I did recently see an article in a medical journal (yes I am a dork who still puruses these when I really don't have to anymore...) pertaining to kids who have fluid behind their eardrums but have not had a significant infection. The study found that putting in tubes was not necessarily necessary. I'm going to bring it up and see what she says, but if tubes are our best option I'll go along. Just pray that if the fluid hasn't cleared up that we will have a clear plan of action for Caleb.
I have been a little remiss at taking pictures lately, but I'll try to upload what I have this week on our dinosaur of a computer. Stay tuned...