Tuesday, February 19, 2008

2 Going on 15

It's really no secret that in just a few short weeks, I will be mother to a 3 year old. Really, when did that happen? Just last week I was given a small glimpse into our future with a teenager, something I have dreaded since I tinkled on that stick over 3 years ago.
Anyway, a few days ago we had just returned home from the biweekly trip to school and Caleb was in a mood. (This not a rare occurance as he is usually so tired from the daily activities and lack of his normal 2 hour nap.) Caleb ran directly into his room right as we walked in the door and started playing with something. He was awfully quiet, so I came around the corner to check on him and make sure he wasn't climbing the walls (you think I'm exaggerating) and he was just standing next to his bed. I said to him, "Caleb, what are you doing?" and he turned, looked at me and said, "Bye, bye Mama." and tried to shut the door on me. Hello? When did he turn into a teenager with an attitude? This can't continue for the next 12-15 years!

No comments: