Tuesday, September 09, 2008

About Us

So I'm a sucker for these things and since it's not too terribly long, I thought I would just post it here!



1. Who is your man? Jes to me and Daddy to Caleb and Piper. His real name is Jesse, but I've always shortened it.

2. How long have you been together? 8 years all together, married for 7

3. How long did you date before you got married? 16 months

4. How old is your man? 31

5. Who eats more? He does, but it's nothing like he used to eat when we were younger. My grandfather used to say he had a hollow leg because he would eat and eat and stayed SO skinny. Ah, to have the metabolism of a guy in his early 20's.

6. Who said "I love you" first? Hmmm, I think he did. We kind of did it together. After knowing each other for a week. When you know, you know.

7. Who is taller? Jes is. He's 6'2" and I'm 5'10". Perfect for wearing heels!

8. Who sings better? I think he has a beautiful voice, but he would say me. We are both highly musical, so who knows.

9. Who is smarter? Depends on the topic. All things math, engineering, mechanical are all him. Anything having to do with something living (animals, humans, plants, etc.), creative stuff, is all me.

10. Whose temper is worse? Well, mine tends to come out more often, but he's got one too. Again, it depends on what is going on. We both usually are pretty calm until we get a gutful.

11. Who does the laundry? He does his and I do everyone elses. Jes has never done my laundry because the idea of having to pull things out to air dry overwhelms him a bit. However, we both will do anyone's on occasion.

12. Who takes out the garbage? That's all Jes.

13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do because I have a thing about sleeping on the side closest to the door. I just can't do it, so he's on that side of the bed.

14. Who pays the bills? Praise the Lord, he does. He took that over when I got pregnant. Long story...

15. Who is better with the computer? We're both equally good at researching things, but he's better at fixing it and I'm better at word processing/excel/power point stuff.

16. Who mows the lawn? Oh totally Jes. This is part of our "contract". The deal was that he would never ask me to mow the lawn and I would never wear sweatpants. So far, so good.

17. Who cooks dinner? MW- Jes because I have to be at work at 5:30. Sun, Sat, Tue, Thu, Fri- it's all me.

18. Who drives when you are together? 98% of the time he does. If he asks me to drive, I know there is something wrong.

19. Who pays when you go out? Jes usually does because I would have to dig my wallet out of the diaper bag.

20. Who is the most stubborn? Well, we are both really stubborn. Makes for fun times around here.

21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? If I was wrong, me. See #20... Enough said.

22. Whose parents do you see most? Since his parents live in Oregon and we don't, that would be mine. We spend the weekend with my parents usually once every 2 weeks or so, sometimes more. I talk to them everyday though. We're all really close.

23. Who kissed who first? He kissed me first, but he sure did make me work for it.

24. Who asked who out? We met on a mission trip and had told each other we loved the other before we even rolled back into Texas, so this question is a little hard to answer. When we did go on a proper date, he asked me.

25. Who proposed? He did on the bus in the same seat where we had met on the way to Mississippi, the afore mentioned mission trip.

26. Who is most sensitive? In general, me. When it comes to our kids, probably him. I have to be the one to take care of them when they are sick and takes a little bit of detachment. When we had to take Caleb to the hospital last year and they couldn't get an IV in him, it was me who had to hold him down while Jes stood in the corner and cried. (Don't tell him I told you that.)

27. Who has the most friends? I totally do.

28. Who has more siblings? He has more blood related siblings, 2 sisters, but I have 2 step brothers and a step sister as well as 5 half brothers and sisters that I've never met.

29. Who wears the pants in the family? We try to each wear a leg. If it's a big decision, we make it together. Anything small or insignificant, whomever is in the situation makes the decision based on what is best for our family and what would benefit us all.

30. How did you meet? Again, on a mission trip to Clarksville, Mississippi. We were on the bus on the way there and someone had taken his seat, so he sat across the aisle from me. We've been together ever since.

No comments: