Monday, February 16, 2009

The BEST Valentine's Day Gift E.V.E.R.!

Valentine's night, after returning from visiting the family, I was presented with my normal box of chocolates and cards. One was from the kids and oh so cute, the other from Jes. When I opened it inside was a coupon that he had made (I would post a picture but my Picasa isn't cooperating today). It read:

This coupon is redeemable for 1 day of shopping with you mom without Caleb and Piper.
This time and the cash is provided for the redeemer of this coupon to shop for herself and not for her family, as her family is well provided for by her and her husband. This requirement must be met for future coupons to appear.
Expiration: My love has no expiration.

While a day of shopping may not seem like a big deal to most, it really is to me. Jes has complained since we were dating that I wouldn't ever buy myself anything, unless it was needed right then. I know that this is something that I do, but I find much more enjoyment in shopping for others than I do myself. Also, like most people right now, all of our disposable income is either going to buy something for the kids or paying off debts. This means that Jes has been planning this for months as he has to stash money away without me knowing about it. So sweet. I'm a lucky gal!

No comments: