Thursday, January 15, 2009

Emerson

Today I pulled myself out of my pity party (sorry about that, by the way) and looked for things I can be thankful for. For all the health issues we have been through with Caleb nothing compares to the issues of this little girl, Emerson. She has already been through one small bowel/pancreas/liver transplant and now needs another to survive. Her home state of Colorado has since dropped her from Medicaid, even though she relies on it and cannot have the transplany without it. In short, Emerson will die if she does not have this transplant and/or if the state of Colorado gets its way. Go here http://cotaforemersonw.com/node/35 to check out her story and see what you can do to help. I know I'll be taking a few minutes to write a little letter myself.

No comments: