Sunday, January 18, 2009

Oops. I forgot.

So, I guess I forgot to post the results of Caleb's evaluation with the ENT who was supposed to do his sedated ABR. We got to the office and immediately, I knew that it was going to be a good visit. While we love our regular ENT, he's not one who just treats kids. When we walked into the office, I noticed that out of the 3 kids in the waiting area, 2 of them had double hearing aids on. That told me that this particular doctor probably knew what he was looking at when he saw a kid with a potential hearing loss.
When we finally got through all the paperwork and whatnot and got to see the doctor he told me that he wanted to try another test on Caleb. He wanted Caleb to see his audiologist and have the hearing tests repeated. So, off he went to track her down and we got in right then to do the tests. Here's the best part: Caleb passed all the tests and was determined to have totally normal hearing in both ears! I was so excited that I could hardly contain myself! We saw the doctor again after the tests and he said that he felt as if the results would turn out that way because Caleb's speech is so good. I was very confident that he would know what he was talking about since he sees so many KIDS with hearing difficulties. So, the long and short of it is, we don't have to put him through anymore testing for his hearing. Yea!
I wanted to post that quickly because I have to head off to bed. Neither Jes nor I got much sleep last night as he was called into work around 9pm and Piper started shooting massive amounts of snot out of her nose. So, one of us was up with her off and on all night. I figure that if I get to bed now, 1am won't be so so bad!

No comments: