Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Game of Tag about your Man

Things have been pretty serious around here, so here's some fun facts about my honey.

1. Who is your man? Jesse Duane, aka Jes.
2. How long have you been together? We met on a bus on a spring break mission trip in 2000. So I guess that's 7. We got married just over a year after we met, so married 6.
3. How long did you date? We dated for 7 months before we were engaged, 3 of which I was a summer missionary in Illinois. We got married 6 month later.
4. How old is your man? 30
5. Who eats more? Well, my grandfather likes to say he has a hollow leg because Jes can put away food like none other when he's really hungry. The older he gets, though, the less it is.
6. Who said "I love you" first? He did and I reciprocated right away. It was within the first week we met. Hey, when you know, you know...
7. Who is taller? Thank goodness, he is! I'm a lover of all things heels, so I married a tall man. He's 6'2" and I'm 5'9", so we've got a good few inch cushion there.
8. Who sings better? He would say I do, but I think it's really him.
9. Who is smarter? Well, that's not a fair question. Jes can tell you anything you would ever want to know about the workings of an airplane, car, physics, math problems and remembers random and vague facts about history and other obscure things he has learned. I, however, can fill you in on biological sciences, physical sciences, english, and pop culture, so it's pretty split.
10. Whose temper is worse? Oh, totally mine. Jes is so laid back and patient when I freak. Good thing...
11. Who does the laundry? Depends on what needs washing. I always do mine and Caleb's and any of Jes's clothes that he has not tinkered with an airplane in. He washes all those clothes that have or could possibly have chemicals in them. Jes's rule.
12. Who takes out the garbage? Most of the time Jes does.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do b/c I can't stand being closest to the door. It freaks me out even now.
14. Who pays the bills? I do, except when I was pregnant. I was so sick and out of it when I was first pregnant with Caleb that I didn't pay them for a month (except the house payment) and he took it over when we started getting notices that they were going to shut off our water and electricity! I took it back over after the kiddo was born.
15. Who is better with the computer? I a better and faster typer, but he's the troubleshooter in this family. Even my mom and dad ask him...
16. Who mows the lawn? We had a deal when we got married, Jes would mow and take care of the lawn and I wouldn't wear sweatpants around the house. So far, so good.
17. Who cooks dinner? When I'm working, which is 4 days a week, he's the cook for himself and Caleb. I do, however, have a dry erase board with the meals we have stuff for and where he can find the recipe, if applicable. Other times, I do it.
18. Who drives when you are together? If we take the truck, he always does, unless something is wrong. If we take the car, it depends.
19. Who pays when you go out? Depends on what Caleb is doing at the time and who has him.
20. Who is most stubborn? I think we are both equally stubborn. Sounds like fun times, huh?
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? He is. Maybe I'm the more stubborn one.
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine, they just live 30 miles down the road. His are in Oregon.
23. Who kissed who first? Well, it was a mutual thing but he initiated.
24. Who asked who out? I don't know that there was ever that actual moment when he asked me out. We were inseperable on that mission trip and after and spent every waking moment together when we weren't in class.
25. Who proposed? He did. He took me back to that same bus and in the same seat where we met, he proposed. So sweet.
26. Who is more sensitive? Depends on the topic. He is very sensitive to my needs and just takes over and takes care when I need him to and don't have to ask, most of the time. With other people who are not family, he's less intuitive.
27. Who has more friends? I do.
28. Who has more siblings? He does. He has 2 younger sisters.
29. Who wears the pants in the family? He does!

No comments: