Friday, October 19, 2007

Just In Case Your Child Hasn't Embarrased You In Public Lately

I carry a rather small purse. I would guess by looking at it that it is roughly 8-10 inches long and 5-6 inches high. I made the switch recently to try and make something in my life a little simpler and lighter.
At any point in time if you happen to see Caleb and I out and about he will have my tiny little purse hanging over his neck while he beats on it saying, "bang, bang bang" the whole time. It's the small things that keep him entertained.
Today we ran to Sam's to pick up a few things that we needed. He was in the buggy with my purse around his neck doing his bang, bang, bang thing. Nothing out of the ordinary. As we were checking out I was paying less attention to him than normal. He was being fairly quiet (I've been a mom long enough to know that this is NOT a good thing) and as I turned around I noticed that he had unzipped my purse and was waving a certain feminine hygiene product around and started yelling, "bang, bang, bang". Sam's will be dead to me for at least a few weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids do the darndest things! I can so see that happening, and although, I know it was an embarasement for you at the time, it is a very funny story. Thank's for sharing and giving me a little laugh.

Michael & Valerie Harris said...

Out of the mouths of babes! I think they are just warming us up for the things they will say and do later in life!