Friday, October 05, 2007

What We've Been Doing Around Here

I realized that I hadn't posted any pictures of Caleb lately, and honestly there haven't been many taken. Here are a few of the things that have been keeping us busy around the Mathis homestead, other than the normal stuff like work and school.


















I honestly have no idea where and why I took this picture, but it's a cute one and I had to include it.
















Here's Caleb sitting on our bed drawing while I do some work on the computer.

















Caleb has always loved this laundry basket. He looks like he has just stuck his finger in a light socket here. I guess it's time for yet another hair cut...


















For some reason, Caleb has taken to climbing in this particular window behind the blinds. He'll stand here for an hour, if I let him. This day, he was watching the rain shower we got and Jaq running around in it!

















Unfortunately, this is another activity that we have been doing our fair share of lately. For those of you that don't know what this is, Caleb is taking a breathing treatment. He was sent home yesterday after an hour at school because of a bad cough and we went to the doctor shortly after that. He's on regular breathing treatments and an oral steroid. All in all, this is our first illness since earlier this year so that's pretty good for him.


















We had a picnic in our living room today for lunch and I had to have a picture. Caleb sat on his airplane blanket that his aunt Joy made him and ate all his lunch like a big boy. It's been really hard keeping him inside and fairly calm during this little illness. This was so much easier when he was a baby! :)

I also wanted to update on my grandmother. She was discharged from Baylor Hospital of Dallas yesterday and moved to the Christian Care Center where she will be staying for as long as deemed necessary, or until we decide to move her elsewhere. She is doing some therapy herself on her left side, the affected one, and is asking to go home, so we'll have to see how long this placement lasts. Thank you for all your prayers!

No comments: