Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Where you lead, I will follow

Ok, so I'm in mourning. As of last night, my favorite TV show, Gilmore Girls, is no more. I just watched the finale, as I use my DVR like a fiend and I have never cried more over anything televised in my life (except maybe war or funerals). I feel silly even admitting it, but this show has meant so much to me as it is similar to experiences and conversations of my mom and I. The relationship that Lorelai and Rory have is much like the one that I have with my mom with all the funny banter, inside jokes, and even the fights. Reliving the experiences of growing up, graduations, college, moving away, etc, has been a fun walk down memory lane for me! The other connection I have with the show is the opening song. When Caleb was a baby and would cry, I would play this song for him and he would quiet. Even now, if he hears it, he stops what he was doing to watch or listen. Anyway, like I said, I'm in mourning over a television show. How silly!!

No comments: